3 Steps to Defined Eyebrows
Ladies, we are in an age of bold brows; a bushy brow renaissance.
Beauts like Cara Delevingne and Lily Collins are my current eyebrow inspos. Let us not forget though, the original eyebrow goddess, Miss Audrey Hepburn. I am obsessed with the contrast between her petite feminine face, large doey eyes, long neck, and her masculine brows. They're thick, bold, dark, and straight.
Defining your eyebrows with makeup is so important. Eyebrows are the one feature that really frame the face and help to express ones emotions. Plus, there are so many little eyebrow makeup tricks that can make you look more fresh and awake, or even as if you've had an eye lift!
Today, I'm going to share with you my simple 3 steps to getting KILLER eyebrows. Or is it on fleek? Isn't that what the youth are saying these days? Fleek. Eyebrows on fleek.
One little disclaimer: I have never tweezed, waxed, threaded, or purposely removed any of my eyebrow hairs.
This is my personal preference. The more hairs, the better! But as always, you do you girl. If you have a brow grooming routine that works for you, by all means stick with it!
Step 1: Comb
- Get yourself a spoolie. It's basically a clean mascara wand. You could totally wash off an old mascara wand and use that, but they're also sold separately. I've also just gone up to a Sephora employee and asked for a couple of spoolie samples that they use for testing mascara.
- This is pretty simple. Just comb through your eyebrows in a upward and outward motion so they are laying flat in the same direction.
Step 2: Fill & Shape
- Find an eyebrow pencil, powder, or tinted gel that you like! Today I'm using the NYX Micro Brow Pencil in 'Ash Brown'.
- In short stokes, draw little lines over your brow to mimic real hairs. I mostly follow the shape of my natural brows, but draw them a little straighter. I do this by deemphasizing my arch. I just draw a straighter line on the bottom of my brow right under the arch. I also pay more attention to the tail of my brows, where I have less hairs. That's it!
Step 3: Set in Place
- Using a clear mascara, eyebrow gel, or even a tinted eyebrow gel, comb the gel over your brows in an upward and outward motion. The gel keeps your brows set in place all day.
If you've never even thought about filling your eyebrows, go ahead an give it a try. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes.
Comment below and let me know who your celebrities eyebrow inspirations are!
Till next time...